“I wanted to thank you for making my golf learning experience so wonderful. Your instructions were easy to follow and your encouragement was amazing. I looked forward to each lesson and the time just flew by. I can’t wait for December to return to Florida and continue my lessons for what is now my favorite sport. I just love golf and it’s all because of you. Thank you again.”
About Valerie Moore
LPGA and PGA Class A Member
Valerie Moore is both an LPGA and PGA Class A Member. She has been an instructor with Golf Professional Services, Inc. since 2007. In 2010 she was recognized by U.S. Kids Golf as an Honorable Mention Top 50 U.S. Kids Teacher and went on to become a Top 50 U.S. Kids Teacher 2011, 2012, and 2013. She currently works once a week at St. Mary’s Children’s Hospital teaching golf to children through the South FL PGA Section’s “Smile FORE Life” Program. In addition, she was nominated 2011 and 2013 LPGA Southeast Section Teacher of the Year.
Her twenty plus years of teaching experience is extensive which includes serving as the Director of Instruction at The Ridge at Back Brook in Ringoes, New Jersey. Furthermore, she trained and worked four seasons for the Jim McLean Golf Schools achieving Master Instructor status after only one season. Valerie has also served as the Teaching Professional at Brae Burn Country Club in Westchester, New York, where she achieved club record numbers as an instructor in only two seasons. She spent four years working as an Assistant Golf Professional at Addison Reserve Country Club in Delray Beach where her main responsibilities included teaching and running the ladies’ weekly eighteen and nine hole leagues averaging over one hundred ladies. In addition, Valerie also has a coaching background where she was the Assistant Golf Professional / Assistant Golf Coach for both the men’s and women’s varsity golf teams at Purdue University.
Valerie earned a B.S. in Elementary Education from The Ohio State University as well as a partial golf scholarship where she was a member of the Women’s Varsity Golf Team. While attending college, she was a multiple Scholar-Athlete and Captain of the Buckeyes’ golf team. She earned the “Go Bucks” Golf Award for her dedication and hard work ethic during her red shirt season. She has been involved with the Executive Women’s Golf Association serving as the Education Chair for both the Cincinnati and Palm Beach Chapters. Valerie has experience teaching all levels of golfers and her passion is junior golf! Her passion and enthusiasm for teaching allows students of all ages and abilities to enjoy the game!
Valerie credits her Mom for getting her into golf. “She signed me up for junior clinics when I was 8 at our local, public golf course in Cincinnati, Ohio and I just loved it from the start! Whenever someone would ask how I got started, Mom would always say, “I got sick of paying a babysitter, I wanted a little buddy to play with…” “Thanks Mom!”
Miss Valerie has been my coach for 3 years. She has taught me sooo much. I was able to make the golf team at my school because of her!!! She is awesome!. Valerie teaches me something new at each lesson. I think everyone should have Valerie as their teacher!!
- LPGA / PGA Director of Instruction
- 2014 U.S. Kids Golf Top 50 Master U.S. Kids Teacher
- 2014 South FL PGA Youth Development Leader, Nomination
- 2011 & 2013 LPGA Southeast Section Teacher of the Year, Nominee
- 2011, 2012, 2013 U.S. Kids Golf Top 50 U.S. Kids Teacher
- 2010 U.S. Kids Golf Top 50 U.S. Kids Teacher, HM
- Enjoyable Experience…Learning Should Be Fun!
- Student-Centered (Everybody is an Individual!)
- Simple but Effective
- Creative Communication Styles to Improve Learning
- Goal-Oriented to Get Results
- Students Learning Styles Addressed (Visual, Kinesthetic, Auditory)
- Instruction Based on Students’ Ability Level
- Written Game Improvement Plan
- Drill-based to Improve Skills
- Assessment of Current Game, Explanation of Improvement, How to Achieve Results
- Cause & Effect (Students Being Able to Self-Diagnose)
- Use Technology as a Learning Tool